6.25.2012

We are failures.

So it's continued to be busy in the Konie world these past couple of months. Working, working, working. We were looking forward to our "staycation" that we had planned this past week. Both Tom and I needed a break from the day to day stuff that has consumed our life.

But here's the thing: We suck at taking breaks.

In fact, somehow we sucked ourselves into another project. On a whim (kind of) we decided to "make over" our kitchen and living room. We don't have a lot of money, but we were able to do quite a bit on our $500 budget. Take a look:

kitchen - before
(We were just about to start painting, hence the
supplies on the counter.)

kitchen - after
(We painted the cabinets and used the Rustoleum counter
transformation kit on the counters.)

Before

After (I even painted our clock!)

Before

After (Notice the awesome stools that Tom did!)

Living Room - Before

After
(We covered our couches, pillows, and rearranged artwork.
I covered the old artwork on the wall with my own  "masterpiece.")

Even though it was a lot of work, and tricky doing with a VERY active 1 year old, we really love it. Everything is so much brighter! Love it.

In other news... we work a lot.  :)  Just kidding. I celebrated my 31st birthday (31 on the 31st!) It was a lovely day filled with my favorite people.  We also were able to see Tom's parents who came into town at the very beginning of June. I have some more pics from that and our staycation hopefully soon.

4 comments:

Alexie said...

I love orange. LOVE it. I keep trying to put it in my rooms... one day.

Karissa said...

I LOVE it!!!! Brilliant. Pure brilliant. I'm constantly amazed by what a little paint can do! Seriously though, I thought your condo was really nice looking before and you made it even better!

Karissa said...

Also, did I just say "pure brilliant"?

m and c said...

It looks fabulous Robin! You are so talented at everything you undertake.