4.16.2012

April Happenings

How are we half way through April!? Seriously.

Time is flying. Things are good at Konie Land. Well, other than the fact that C-monkey is breaking in some new molars and it is messing with a good nights rest like nobody's business. But other than that, life is grand.

At the beginning of the month we had a great visit from Aunt Judy! It was so good to see her. She brought C a beautifully handmade quilt for her birthday AND the most awesome little rocking chair for Christmas (they decided to wait and give it to us in person rather than try and ship the large thing.)

In a desperate attempt to actually do my hair each day, I decided to cut my hair short. Super short. Pixie short. But the problem: I hate making appointments, driving to salons, being at salons, paying for haircuts that often I don't like, keeping up the haircut, etc. So I decided to have Tom cut my hair. He watched some youtube videos. We bought some tools from Sally's. And then I made the leap into crazy town. And guess what? I love it. And even better? It takes me 3 minutes to do from the time I get out of the shower. Score!

We also celebrated Easter! We took the monkey on her first Easter Egg hunt. She actually followed Tom around and picked up the eggs... even put a few of them in the basket. It was adorable. She also got an Easter dress and some toddler markers. We were also spoiled with cute little gifts from both grandparents (including a great Cookie cookbook for Tom and me from his parents!)

Here are some pics (a lot of them, actually). I'm typing like a crazy person trying to get these up before a little someone wakes up.  :)

Happy Spring!

"Is that for me?!"

"I'll start with the card."

"Okay, you can help me open it."

"Hey, you are pretty cool!"

Mom is clearly way excited about the coolness of this card. 

She just wants to destroy it. (Typical).

Aunt Judy: "See, it goes like this."

C: "No, it goes like this..." (destroy)




"So? What's in the bag?"



"A quilt for me?"

coool!

"Oh, yes. The stitching is very nice."

"Hey, Dad! See my new blanket?"

"Man, birthdays are cool!"

Trying out her new rocking chair.

Beautiful girl.

"Oh, Dad... pah-lease. You are so embarrassing!"

New haircut

Random photo of C-monkey reading under the table. :)

Easter



"Yay! Cookies!"

Easter dress. (And that bow stayed in her hair for 6 hours! Beats her old record of 6 seconds.)

My two favorite people.


3 comments:

Alexie said...

Cute Baby! Cute Pictures! Cute Haircut! You do know what this means though, right? You are now officially a MOM. I know, you thought that happened when you actually birthed the child...but, no. You have done the haircut, the mom-shorty-short-haircut. Welcome to the club! :o)

Karissa said...

Haha, your captions crack me up!!!
Cami is such a doll! And I love your hair. Good job Tom!

m and c said...

you are looking fab! so fun to get a peek in to your life.